Friday, May 30, 2014

A Million Ways to Die in the West (2014) [Movie Review]

 
Let's all be honest with ourselves. We all know that Seth MacFarlane is a funny guy, but we have to concede to his childlike humor. I will not fault his new movie, A Million Ways to Die in the West for following the same suit. You've been warned, if you didn't know before of his immature comedy, you know now.

I have been excited or this film for a couple months now, albeit still a little skeptical of whether or not it will turn out to be a good, quality comedy. I was right to be a skeptic, this film does have numerous flaws. Mostly the flaws stem from sub par writing and sacrificing a proper plot structure for the comedic value. And I will repeat myself, we all should know that it would be coming. This style of comedy is what has made MacFarlane famous, and it's clear to see that it still works for him.

So, to keep this short, no this movie is not perfect. But it is exactly what you would expect from the guy behind Family Guy, so if you've enjoyed his other shows or movies, you will probably enjoy this one.

Rating: 7/10
IMDb Page
Wiki Page

No comments:

Post a Comment