Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Railway Man (2013) [Movie Review]


A man, broken by war and with a great enthusiasm for railways, finds love in a woman who will eventually help him move passed his dreadful past.

Prior to my viewing this film, I had seen one trailer for the film. However, I had no recollection of seeing said trailer. I knew very little going in, but when I remembered the trailer, I remembered that I was excited for this movie. Okay, that kind of sounds bad, but you guys need to realize that I watch a lot of movies, and even more movie trailers. It's easy to forget things.

I don't have a whole lot to say about this film. It is based on a true story, of which I can't verify any actual historical accuracy. The performances are exactly what you would expect from a cast such as this. The shots were all magnificent. Generally, the entire film was good, but not beyond the expectations that one would have prior to viewing.

Rating: 8/10

IMDb Page
Wiki Page

No comments:

Post a Comment