When deciding whether or not to watch this film, you really should ask yourself whether or not you are currently in college. If you are, you are definitely the target demographic, and will probably enjoy this movie. If you are the parent of a newborn child, you will probably also enjoy this movie. And, if you like laughing, I think you will probably enjoy this movie.
I watched this movie late night, with mixed company (different taste in films and a pretty age range). In my opinion, this is the best way to watch a movie, because the reactions almost always differ, and it's a clear indicator of who will enjoy the movie the most. It's also late, so comedies are admittedly better, on most occasions. So I will say that it might have been my lack of sleep that had me enjoying this film, but I really don't think it was.
Going back to when I mentioned that the mixed company almost always indicates what group of people would enjoy the film more. This film had everyone laughing almost the entire way though. If there was a lull, it was a short one.
I have been saying for years that Zac Efron is a great actor. Many people are quick to hate on that opinion, but I am thrilled to see him taking roles to appeal to more audiences, while also doing the indie flicks to prove his acting chops to be great. I don't think it will be long before the hate dissipates and he will be a cherished actor. The main four actors, Rogen, Byrne, Efron and Franco, are amazing in this film. The delivery of their lines and the way they handle every situation was superb.
The only complaint I would have for the film would be it's miniscule amount of poorly written bits. A few moments felt awkward, and there were more than a few moments where suspension of disbelief was needed. But overall, this was a wonderfully done comedy that is sure to bring out some laughs from all different ages.
Rating: 8/10
IMDb Page
Wiki Page
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment