Thursday, June 5, 2014

Airplane II: The Sequel (1982) [Movie Review]


Because of the admittedly absurd rules I have created for myself, since I started the Airplane! series, I must finish the series. Fortunately the series was short, only having two movies. It is, however, unfortunate that both of the movies are exactly the same. It features the same cast, bar Leslie Nielson. The same plot, only now with added space. And the jokes are not dissimilar in any sense.

This means: If you are a die-hard fan of the first film, you might enjoy this one. However, I believe, and others also support this claim, that the reason Airplane was so fun was the simple fact that Liam Nielson was doing comedy now. Though not the main character, his seriousness in an otherwise whacky film made for a seriously fun film. His absence in this incarnation leaves the viewer less than entertained.

Rating: 6/10

IMDb Page
Wiki Page

No comments:

Post a Comment