With that being said, I took some extra time after watching this film to think over how I truly felt about this film. I can say with full certainty that Happiness is a fantastic piece of cinema. It deals with an abundance of issues without ever feeling overcrowded. And it deals with the issues seriously and humorously simultaneously, all while never having the awkwardness of the change of tone.
There are wonderful performances from the entire cast, but as always I have to say that Phillip Seymour Hoffman stole the show. He might not have had as much screen time as a few of the other characters, but he embodied his role. Everyone else did a great job too, but Hoffman was exceptionally great.
Overall this film is definitely a black comedy. It's not for everyone, and it's definitely an adult-only film. But I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys dark humor.
Rating: 8/10
IMDb Page
Wiki Page
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment