Sunday, June 8, 2014

Mary Poppins (1964) [Movie Review]


Mary Poppins has been loved by children and adults alike for the past 50 years. In today's world, you would be hard pressed to find someone who has not heard of Mary Poppins, or any of her songs. When Saving Mr. Banks was released late last year, which I watched several times and included it in my top 10 of 2013, I shocked friends, family and strangers alike when the topic came to Mary Poppins and my lack of having seen it.

The time has come, I could no longer live without having seen this film. My reviewing this film is completely unnecessary. As I said, this film is already full of praise and acclaim, and I agree with all of the praise it has received. I couldn't find any apparent flaws, and I found myself singing along to all of the songs.

If you're like me and somehow got away with not watching this film, I implore that you watch this film. Preferably as a double feature with Saving Mr. Banks. You should find nothing but enjoyment in both films.

Rating: 9/10

IMDb Page
Wiki Page

No comments:

Post a Comment