Friday, June 13, 2014

How to Train Your Dragon (2014) [Movie Review]


I'm just now realizing that both theatrical releases this week were sequels. And both of them matched their predecessors quality to the point in which the sequels are neither better nor worse.
Five years after the events of How to Train Your Dragon, the Vikings have all become dragon riders and are working on exploring new territories. This eventually leads to conflict.

I never thought that I would be able to say a sequel to How to Train Your Dragon would be good. The first ended in such a way that the story could have been left alone, but I mean, who wouldn't want to know what happened next?

The voice talent is just as good as the first, and the addition of Cate Blanchett will get no complaints from me. The story is great, child-friendly and still fun for adults. And the animation looked beautiful. Which comes at no surprise - this film introduces a new animation software for the studio. DreamWorks guys, this one looks great! Keep it up.

Rating: 8/10

IMDb Page
Wiki Page

No comments:

Post a Comment