Saturday, January 25, 2014
I, Frankenstein (2014) [Movie Review]
It has been a few years since a big-budget Frankenstein movie has been made, so I was fairly interested in I, Frankenstein when I first heard of it. Then, after seeing the trailer, I knew almost exactly how it would play out.
Since you're reading this, I'm going to assume you want to know how it played out, though. So, just continue reading and your questions shall be answered.
I will first say that I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. It was an interesting premise, and it kept me entertained for the whole duration of the movie. But, I will also say that this movie is far from perfect.
I'll start with the obvious one. When Aaron Eckhart is the "big" name in a movie, it is clear that it doesn't have a big budget. I'm not outwardly saying that Eckhart is a bad actor per se, but he is not quite a good actor either. I imagine in the coming years, his talents will grow. Anyway, in I, Frankenstein, Eckhart takes a page from Bale's book of The Dark Knight series, and uses a low, gruffy style voice. He also had a tendency to switch these voices between scenes, which felt weird. Eckhart isn't the only one to blame for this movie, however. Almost the entire cast took their roles to over-the-top levels.
The other really big point of failure for this movie is the effects. If you couldn't figure out the movies budget by looking at the acting talent, you will definitely figure it out after looking at the visual talent. The first few scenes don't look as bad as the later scenes, simply because less is happening on-screen. But later in the movie, when we get the war, the effects show their true colors.
But, as I said earlier, these two points aren't enough to turn me away. The movie wasn't perfect, I liked it, but I can't say whether or not the average person would.
Rating: 6/10
IMDb Page
Wiki Page
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment