Monday, January 6, 2014
Indie Game: The Movie (2012) [Movie Review]
Alright, Indie Game: The Movie. I found this title to be interesting, since it was a documentary. I know that documentaries are movies (one of my favorite genre of movies, actually), but that title just feels wrong for this movie. If I were browsing the movie section at my local [insert store that you would usually shop at] and saw this movie, I would think it was something about a man being trapped inside his video game. Both what I would think the movie is about and what the movie is actually about are interesting to me, but I just had to get that off my chest.
On to the movie-talk. I haven't been a 'gamer' for a few years. Before I had real-life responsibilities, I spent most of my day playing those awesome computer games that I got for free, totally legally. (No seriously, I only played legitimately free games. Torrenting = bad; plz don't do it). Where was I? Oh yeah, I used to be a gamer. But when I got a job and had to succumb to social interactions, my gaming time slowly went to other activities. That was around the time I became a self-proclaimed cinephile, so I can't really complain about how it all turned out. Anyway, I'll get to my point; I haven't been playing that many indie games lately.
Of the three games that were present in this documentary (Braid, Fez, and Super Meat Boy), I had only ever heard of Braid.
But, with all of that being said, I found this movie strangely interesting. Watching the lives of these programmers as they create their virtual babies was fun. I can't say that I necessarily say I agree with the lifestyles of certain programmers who appear in this documentary, but everything that was shown was interesting to me. If you're thinking about developing a video game, I would suggest watching this to see some of the ups and downs!
Rating: 7/10
IMDb Page
Wiki Page
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment