Monday, January 20, 2014
Ride Along (2014) [Movie Review]
Every movie lover can tell you that January is the month to avoid movies. The only good things that come out in January are the movies that actually released the year before, and are just expanding in January. So I was dreading the moment that I would have to watch this movie.
And for the first time in a long while, I was surprised. Ride Along, while nowhere near a perfect movie, was a wonderful buddy-cop film - almost reminiscent of 48 Hours. It doesn't do much to be revolutionary, but the crew that worked on this movie did what I was hoping they could do: Make me laugh.
Kevin Hart owns the movie. With his nerdy fast-talking self, he might not be respected by the characters on screen, but he works up some laughs for the audience.
The opening was stylistic, the action was over-the-top, there were a few clichés but all-in-all this movie does what it sets out to do, and much better than I would have anticipated.
Rating: 8/10
IMDb Page
Wiki Page
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment