I think I should reconsider my policy of "recommend it and I'll watch
it, no questions," because it rarely ends well. A co-worker suggested I
see this movie because it was on Netflix and "totally amazing." So I
made a deal, if I watch this, he'll watch Blue Valentine. Even though he's obviously the winner of this arrangement, at least something good came out of it.
Oh, shoot, I started my review wrong. I was supposed to ease into this. Make you wait for my rating. Well, nope, not this time.
I'm going to start simple; the target audience. There really is no question, this film is supposed to be for teenagers, or action-junkies. The movie poster features a man holding both an assault rifle and a pistol, despite how terribly stupid that sounds. And behind the man holding these weapons is a huge explosion and,
I think, a car exploding. This is definitely not geared towards your drama crowd.
But what do we get in this movie? A half-assed, actually lower than half-assed, drama. Complete (incomplete?) with shitty acting and terrible characters. All of this action that you see in the poster doesn't show up until the last 10 minutes of the movie. Not that it matters really, the movie isn't even an hour and a half long!
None of the things that happen in this movie should ever happen; not in real life and not in a movie. My thoughts on this movie would have been more positive, had the main character not decided to give a monologue of his future plans, it really killed the movie. Well more I guess.
Rating: 5/10
IMDb Page
Wiki Page
Oh, shoot, I started my review wrong. I was supposed to ease into this. Make you wait for my rating. Well, nope, not this time.
I'm going to start simple; the target audience. There really is no question, this film is supposed to be for teenagers, or action-junkies. The movie poster features a man holding both an assault rifle and a pistol, despite how terribly stupid that sounds. And behind the man holding these weapons is a huge explosion and,
I think, a car exploding. This is definitely not geared towards your drama crowd.
But what do we get in this movie? A half-assed, actually lower than half-assed, drama. Complete (incomplete?) with shitty acting and terrible characters. All of this action that you see in the poster doesn't show up until the last 10 minutes of the movie. Not that it matters really, the movie isn't even an hour and a half long!
None of the things that happen in this movie should ever happen; not in real life and not in a movie. My thoughts on this movie would have been more positive, had the main character not decided to give a monologue of his future plans, it really killed the movie. Well more I guess.
Rating: 5/10
IMDb Page
Wiki Page
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment