Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966) [Movie Review]


When watching classic movies, a descriptive phrase I often use is "Looks good for it's time," or something to that effect. However, in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly's case, that description is not quite accurate. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly does not look good "for it's time," but simply looks good. Nothing about it seems very '60-ish (other than the film grain).

I would hazard that most of the people reading this have already seen the movie, so I will keep it short. Just like I always do, I guess.

Not only does this film looks amazing, but the iconic score is also worth noting. We've all heard the trademark whistle that was, to my knowledge, made famous after this films release.

The characters, and the actors portraying them, were are all perfectly written. They were all great at what they did, were wonderful at making the viewer interested in their goals, and make the viewer almost uncomfortable when they all meet up.

The film is a classic for a reason. It's great. And it's currently on Netflix Instant! Check it out if you haven't already.

Rating: 9/10

IMDb Page
Wiki Page

No comments:

Post a Comment