Saturday, February 22, 2014

Once Bitten (1985) [Movie Review]


I watched Once Bitten for one reason; I thought it was going to be another film adaptation of a song, just like Earth Girls are Easy, which also featured Jim Carrey. I'll admit that I was dissapointed when Once Bitten, Twice Shy never played during the movie.

Not that this movie was a disappointment in any sense, it was goofy as all hell. Seeing as how this was Jim Carrey's first starring role, I didn't know what to expect. But his performance, albeit not nearly to the caliber of his later roles, was not half bad. None of the performances were stellar, but in a movie of this caliber, it's expected.

Really, nothing about this movie is above average, but that's also what I love about it. It bravely goes into the goofy territory while never trying to be anything that it's not.

Rating: 6/10

IMDb Page
Wiki Page

No comments:

Post a Comment