Saturday, April 26, 2014

Brick Mansions (2014) [Movie Review]


Brick Mansions the a remake of the French film Banlieue 13 (or District B13), of which I recently watched and reviewed. David Belle reprises his role from the original series, which was a great move. Being a fan of the original series, it gave me hope that the remake would be good.

I don't know where to begin with this movie. For one, while watching the movie I would get constant reminders that this was Paul Walkers last complete film. I am going to miss watching his movies - while very few were ever good, Walker always brought a certain energy to his films. And this was film was no exception.

From watching the trailers of Brick Mansions, I had a pretty good idea of how poor the quality would be. But I chose to believe that the poorly made trailers were just that and nothing more. I wanted to like this movie. But on almost every single aspect, this film is just not good.

Rating: 5/10

IMDb Page
Wiki Page

No comments:

Post a Comment