I recently watched the Swedish Let the Right One In, so while it was fresh in my head I decided that watching the English version, Let Me In, would be a fun idea. As always, I will try my best to avoid comparing the two.
So, if you didn't know, this movie follows the story of a bullied boy, who befriends a vampire.
Let Me In does a nice job taking its source material, and adding it's own flair to it. But it also seems to have problems with some of it's changes. I'm going to one example; in the book (and subsequently the Swedish film), there is a scene in which the main character picks up a stick and uses it to fight off his bullies. In this version, however, the main character picks up a metal pole, which is all fine and good, but none of the dialogue was changed. Everyone still referred to this metal pole as a "stick", which just felt weird.
A few of the actors were kind of static in their roles, and not a whole lot of them truly owned the role. I don't think anyone was really bad with their role, but there was room for improvement with many.
As a whole, I think the movie was pretty good. I prefer the Swedish version, but this is definitely a nice way for more audiences to view the story.
Rating: 7/10
IMDb Page
Wiki Page
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment