The year is 1950, the economy is looking better, but Tommy Wilhelm (Robin Williams) has lost his job. Tommy has many problems, but the issues all lead back to money. He turns to two people, his father and a shady stockbroker, who both prove to be difficult to work with.
I must say that for a made-for-TV movie from the '80s, the overall quality of the film is actually pretty good. But this movie is definitely not without it's faults. It has a superb story to tell, but there is also so much potential that was never tapped.
Initially, I hated the driving scenes with Williams' character. They seemed fairly out-of-place and weren't necessary. But after some thought, I realized that they were quite essential in the progression to our films resolution. I must add that the ending was quite magnificent.
All-in-all, Seize the Day had many areas that needed attention, but this film has a nice message to share. And because of it's wonderful message, it receives a fairly honorable score.
Rating: 7/10
IMDb Page
Wiki Page
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment