Thursday, April 17, 2014

Mr. Nobody (2009) [Movie Review]


Mr. Nobody is a film about choices and consequences. Nemo Nobody is 118 years old and is the last living mortal on Earth, with the rest of the population being immortal. He is being interviewed by several people about his life, and his death will be streamed live - he will be the last person to ever die of old age. Nemo has many interesting stories to tell, but which is the right one?

I won't say much more of the plot of this movie. I might have said too much to begin with. But if any of you have headed my advice on earlier posts, you will not be reading this if you have never seen the movie.

Anyway, the themes presented in this movie are truly phenomenal. Most of you know I'm a sucker for movies with philosophical themes, so liking this movie was inevitable.

In addition to the amazing themes and writing, the film simply looked beautiful. It had a fairly large budget, I'll give it that, but it still used it's budget in a great way. I've seen movies with larger budgets just fall apart, but this one was near perfect.

I'll admit that there is a lot of this movie that I still don't understand, but I will give it another look in a couple months to hopefully pick up more of what I missed. But everything that I understood made me happy that I decided to watch this movie. Truly a wonderful film.

Rating: 8/10

IMDb Page
Wiki Page

No comments:

Post a Comment