Monday, March 10, 2014

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969) [Movie Review]


Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is based on the true story of, you guess it, Butch Cassidy and the "Sundance Kid."

Most people have either seen this film or have read/heard about its accolades, or both, so I will keep this review shorter than normal.

Newman and Redford owned their roles, and captured the history of this duo perfectly. I don't know if I would have even noticed this movie going for an extra hour, because I was so engrossed in their adventures.

One of my favorite things about this movie is the varied story telling styles. It begins with a silent film showing a few escapades of train robbers, moves on to a sepia-filled conversation which introduces our characters, then goes to a more regular film style. But in the middle, they throw in still images to make the time pass faster, and they all work so perfect and beautifully. I completely agree with every award it won.

Rating: 10/10

IMDb Page
Wiki Page

No comments:

Post a Comment