First of all, I feel compelled to compliment the lead role of Young Joe, Stacy Martin. This is her first ever acting role and if I had not read IMDb, I wouldn't have ever known. She is not only believable in her role, she is perfect for the role. No-name actors are always great choices, if they can handle the role, for the simple fact that you will only see the character, not the actor/actress.
I am not a nymphomaniac, nor do I talk to any on a daily basis, so I can't really give a professional opinion of whether or not Joe acts like a real nymphomaniac. But everything she does seems to fit how I think a nymphomaniac would act.
I found the parallels that Seligman gives to be quite interesting. He compares Joe's actions to several things, that I will refrain from mentioning in detail as they could be seen as spoiler-ish. But they were all accurate comparisons, albeit humorous at times.
I loved most things about this volume of the movie. It has me eagerly awaiting Vol. II. But don't just watch this movie because I like it (if you were going to), you need to stop and ask yourself "Can I commit to a 5 hour movie about sex?" (I say 5 hour because that's how long it is when you add Vol. II, which is kind of required if you watch the first). If you think that you can handle the subject nature, then by all means, enjoy this wonderful film.
Rating: 9/10
IMDb Page
Wiki Page
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment