Going into the logistics of a talking dog, and his escapades of adopting a child will take too long to type out. But his adventures with his time machine, the WABAC, are all surprisingly accurate to history. I never would have thought that a movie starring a dog would be a nice introduction to things such as the French Revolution and the Trojan War. But this movie is a really good start for children! Obviously it's not 100% accurate, but just having children introduced to the names of these historical figures is enough to pique a child's interest into wanting to learn more. And that alone makes the movie great for children.
But, as always, the true test of a children's movie is whether or not the adult will like it. There are a lot of bad puns in the movie, and I think some anti-jokes were in the mix too. They get tired very quickly, but with all of the other things present in this movie, I'm willing to overlook a few lame jokes.
Rating: 7/10
IMDb Page
Wiki Page
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment