Parody movie filmmakers of today need to take a step back and observe how movies such this, Spaceballs, Young Frankenstein, etc. to get a better grasp of how to make a movie of said genre. Obviously, I'm not saying that Mel Brooks isn't the only person who has made good spoofs, but he is definitely one of the better ones.
Anyway, we all know the story of Robin Hood, so I'm not going to go in to detail on that. If you don't know the story of Robin Hood, go read a book or something.
Did I mention Mel Brooks is amazing at parody? This movie is no exception. The story of Robin Hood is captured so flawlessly and made so humorous that it's almost hard to believe possible. All performances were superb, with some fun cameos placed all around. This movie is good fun, and highly recommended.
Rating: 7/10
IMDb Page
Wiki Page
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment