Team America sounds like a great team to be a part of. If you're American. Which I am! Now, this was my third attempt at this movie. Before I had either thought it was too stupid to continue, or had fallen asleep. But this time a friend wanted to watch it with me, so I agreed.
I did not like the movie, but I can't argue the fact that it's well-done. On the surface, yes, it's terrible. But looking at it with a professional filmmakers eye (which I don't have, but I'm going to pretend I have), it is very well done. I don't think a single joke in this film is inoffensive, so many will be off-put by that. Visually it looks terrible, but again, this is the filmmakers intent. The World Police is hell-bent on doing whatever they can to kill some terrorists, even if that means being a terrorist in the name of FREEDOM. The whole film is satirical and over-the-top.
So, even though I don't like this film, it is very well done. I would recommend it only if you like this genre of comedy (you'll know within the first 5 minutes whether or not you do).
Rating: 6/10
Discussion topic: Would you join the World Police, if given a chance?
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment