Friday, March 8, 2013

The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad! (1988) [Movie Review]


The Naked Gun is a satirical slapstick comedy film, based off of the TV series Police Squad!. Leslie Nielsen plays Frank Drebin, a member of the Police Squad who often messes up, in slapstick comedy form! When his friend Nordberg (O.J. Simpson) is gunned down and almost killed, Drebin takes the case to find out who done it.

Oddly enough, this film is on the 1001 Movies to Watch Before You Die list. I know it is immensely popular, but this is another film I just don't see the hype over. It's just another Leslie Nielsen film. The film was funny and the acting was as good as it could be for this genre, but I can't really say it was a good film. It wasn't bad, just not good.

Rating: 6/10


Discussion topic: Your job is to protect someone, but something happened to a close friend. Which matter do you focus more attention to?

No comments:

Post a Comment